Sedna HR35 Rasmus #277

Sedna HR35 Rasmus #277

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cordless Tools

I use mostly hand tools... saws, planes, rasps, sandpaper, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc. for projects on the boat.  I gotta say tho, I love this Ryobi cordless tool set. 18V seems powerful enough for most jobs.  
The drill is two speed and adjustable setting for drilling and screwing.  

The saw is amazingly effective.  The 5 1/2 inch blade is smaller than a 7 inch AC circular saw blade, but will cut through a 2X4 and rips through most plywood easily.  

The tools came with a bag, one battery, and a 
charger.  I bought an extra battery so that I could charge one while using the other or have both tools loaded at the same time.  Because the battery charger does not draw as much as an AC powertool, I can plug the charger into my DC to AC inverter when away from the dock.

Following advice from Raindog, I purchased the zenon spotlight.  The size of the lens is much larger than a standard flashlight putting out 8X the light.

The little blue squeeze generator flashlight never has dead batteries and, although not comfy, can be held in my mouth during those challenging situations. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good to hear. I was thinking about that as an alternative to a corded DC spotlight...

      Delete