Sedna HR35 Rasmus #277

Sedna HR35 Rasmus #277

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gadgets. . .

When I tell people that I live on a sailboat, they naturally talk about sailing, anchoring, and the wind through your hair.  But, living on a boat really involves more cooking, cleaning, and other non-glamorous household chores than sailing. Consequently I get a little thrill when using kitchen gadgets like these.


 

propane burns really hot and this little number dissipates heat so i don't burn everything. 












My friend Jenny bought the dish drainer pad below for me.  It's great.  Whatever it is made of, it dries quickly and I don't have moldy wet towels on the counter.  










I don't have a picture of my favorite gadget, a hand operated food chopper, so these are not my beautifully manicured nails. . . they're from the internet :) 








This is my second favorite.  My hand crank coffee grinder.

Fit's nicely onto the top of my french press and it's adjustable.  French press makes great coffee and is easy to clean without requiring filters.











The Previous owner mounted the little (white hanging down) toggle on the kitchen faucet. Leave the water pressure on and when you touch the toggle with a pot, plate, or cup the water runs.  Saves a lot of water.


I cutout the opening in the sink cover to get more counter room.  Even with the sink cover in place, I can fill cups and pots with water using the hand pump.


I keep an old school wire dish drainer in the sink, it just fits under the sink cover.



Not a kitchen gadget, but when my WiFi signal is weak I can plug this external receiver to by laptop and get better reception.


It has a 10 foot USB cable that I can run out the hatch and hang the receiver from my boom.  I live in Oregon so that's waterproof tape on the connection.









Another favorite is my solid fuel burner (wood stove).  This little baby really heats up the saloon.  I use it to dispose of paper and cardboard.  The ashes go into the composting toilet.









I nice feature is that the stove pipe goes out through the head... keeping it warmer and drier in there too.




No comments:

Post a Comment